When you want to take your shockwave device to the next level, look no further than available accessories.
Shockwave accessories extend the versatility of pressure wave machines. They enable practitioners to offer more and performed focused treatment, depending on the indication.
We are fortunate that Storz Medical performs cutting-edge research and we reap the rewards — including accessories that are compatible with the Storz Shockwave machines, such as the MASTERPULS® Ultra Series.
If you haven’t yet considered accessories for your shockwave machine, or are performing initial research, let us tell you what add-ons are available and how to get the most use out of them.
- VACU-ACTOR® Vacuum Cupping Therapy
Simply put, the VACU-ACTOR® allows practitioners to go deeper. In dynamic application, the VACU-Cup provides a rolling, gliding stretch to the tissue, performing a connective tissue massage. This reaches from skin level into the deep subcutaneous layers to fascia and muscle fibres.
It’s an ideal tool to prepare tissue and the patient for any kind of intense myofascial release technique (such as ESWT).
The VACU-ACTOR® accessory functions only with the MASTERPULS® Ultra MP200 machine. Interested in adding it to your practice? Learn more.
- V-ACTOR® Vibration Technology
The V-ACTOR® is a great addition to the MASTERPULS® Ultra MP200 for clinicians looking to offer It combines shockwave and vibration therapy to help with myofascial pain relief and treatment. This allows the V-ACTOR® to function synergistically with shockwave and regular manual therapy to help relieve the stress on muscles and trigger points.
It’s also a great addition to active release therapy (ART). Patients get immediate relief from it. Attachments can be used for the treatment of large muscle areas, tissue massage and muscle smoothing, and treatment of specific muscle points.
The V-ACTOR® is proprietary to Storz Medical and is available for the MASTERPULS® Ultra MP50, MP100, and MP200. Discover how to add it to your clinic.
- Shockwave Transmitter Heads
Storz offers many types of transmitter heads. We’ll highlight a few that are particularly useful.
- A6 Point — this accessory functions like needleless acupuncture with a penetration depth of 0-to-20 mm.
- T10 Finger – this add-on targets deep enthesopathies in the fingers. It’s great for people who work with their hands a lot, such as pianists.
- C15 Ceramic Energy – this new technology uses ceramic composite, which makes treatment very comfortable for the patient and very effective. It’s the same technology that is used in hip replacements.
- DI15 Golden Depth – the “DI” stands for deep impact, and that’s what this accessory delivers. It’s a special titanium head that gives incredible depth penetration and power for conditions such as piriformis syndrome. It’s ideal for treating large athletes or people.
- F15 White Soft – built for people who are very sensitive and great for indications where there is not as much muscular padding, such as the Achilles tendon or tennis elbow. It emits a soft pressure wave that is very effective and very comfortable.
- D20 series – these three heads are a larger size and meant to cover wider surface areas, such as the quadriceps, hamstrings, and lower back.
These transmitters are compatible with the MASTERPULS® Ultra series. Learn more about these transmitter heads and other attachments.
- Fascia Transmitter Heads
These accessories help loosen trigger bands and fascia specifically. They treat:
- Big and medium fascia, such as back fascia and plantar fascia, trigger bands, and fasciae in the shoulder and neck area.
- Fascia on or below the bone edge, such as the pelvis from the front, tibial crest, and elbow.
- Treatment of the fasciae, including the back of the hand, arch of the foot, cervical muscles, and trigger points.
- Fasciae of the locomotor system, including the crural fascia, fascia lata, and fascia thoracolumbalis.
These transmitters are compatible with the MASTERPULS® Ultra series. Discover more about the fascia transmitters.
- SPINE-ACTOR® Transmitters
These accessories take a double-pronged approach to treat the muscles around the spine. They simultaneously treat the muscles on both sides of the spinal column in the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar areas.
There are three different span widths available: 20 mm, 27.5 mm, and 35 mm.
The SPINE-ACTOR® is available for the MASTERPULS® Ultra series. Learn more about it.
- Optional Tablet
The optional tablet gives practitioners the protocols for treatment, taking it step-by-step. Clinicians can describe the pain level, track pain over time, watch pre-set videos, and more.
This is also a great way to teach patients about their condition.
These shockwave accessories extend the versatility of your shockwave machine even further and can add a whole other level to your practice.
Learn more about our shockwave accessories and how you can access them — and our shockwave therapy machines — today. Whether you’re looking to bolster an existing shockwave therapy practice or just getting started, Shockwave Canada is your guide.
Contact us today. Call (888) 741-SHOC(7462) or visit https://shockwavecanada.com/contact-shockwave-therapy-canada/.